GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) MSc Fellowships 2019, the GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is currently welcoming suitable Applications from suitable and qualified individuals from the outside of the country of South Africa to part take or apply for there currently on going GSK MSc Fellowships, the deadline for the GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) MSc Fellowships 2019 application is on the corner and every applicants are advised to take action as soon as possible; read down below to see guidelines and procedures on how to apply for GSK MSc Fellowships….
The Sub-Saharan African Consortium for Advanced Biostatistics (SSACAB) training, a consortium of twenty African and northern institutions with the University of the Witwatersrand as the lead; and KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programmes, Universities of KwaZulu-Natal, Northumbria University and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine as co-applicants, has secured funding from the Wellcome Trust/AESA through the Developing Excellence in Leadership, Training and Science (DELTAS Africa). The full list of participating institutions is listed below. The funding will cover fellows undertaking a MSc programme in Biostatistics in participating training institutions to develop and improve biostatistical skills among researchers, with an ultimate goal of creating research nodes of excellence to grow the discipline and a biostatistical network to nurture researchers with advanced skills and expertise. The GSK MSc Fellowships and the consortium is therefore calling for full time scholarship applications for MScdegrees.
The GSK MSc scholarships are open to candidates with strong background in Statistics, Mathematics, Demography and any other quantitative fields, including competent candidates from the lab/health fields such as biomedical sciences, pharmacy, medicine who may benefit from a postgraduate course in biostatistics. The potential fellows should have applied for a place at one of the postgraduate biostatistics degree programmes being offered by partner institutions.
This MSc degree programme focuses on quantitative research in health-related fields with the aim of developing a career in Biostatistics, which is a growing field in low and middle-income countries due to increased biomedical research. Therefore, the goal of this financial support is to enhance Biostatistical graduate training capacity and boost the number of researchers and practitioners in low and middle-income countries
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) MSc Fellowships 2019 Eligibility.
- The GSK scholarship is open to nationals outside South Africa and in particular targeted towards individuals in Francophone countries interested in getting trained at partner institutions in the consortium. Individuals from participating SSACAB countries i.e. (Tanzania, Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Namibia and Ghana), need not apply.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years for the MSc Programme.
- Applicants should meet each of the separate University’s admission requirements for the MSc degree before applying for the fellowship.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) MSc Fellowships 2019 Benefits.
The scheme will provide full scholarships for MSc Fellows in the 2019 academic year and covers the following:
- Tuition fees and basic medical and accident insurance
- A monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses
- Reasonable support for the MSc research project and supervision
- Travel costs to and from academic training institution and the host research institution
How to Apply for GSK MSc Fellowships.
Applications must provide the academic training institution with:
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including relevant research and work experience
- Letter of motivation explaining why you want to pursue an MSc in biostatistics
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Evidence of acceptance or application to study Biostatistics at a partner institution in 2018 academic year
- Two confidential referee reports should be sent directly to the training institution
MSc scholarships will be given to candidates who are likely to strengthen the GSK/SSACAB collaboration. Awarded Fellows will be tracked with the new SSACAB alumni to increase their visibility and to monitor the impact of the programme.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION INTO PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
The first step of the application process:
APPLICATIONS FOR PLACES SHOULD BE MADE TO THE PREFERRED HOST TRAINING INSTITUTION. INSTITUTIONS AND THEIR CONTACT PERSONS ARE LISTED BELOW.
1. UNIVERSITY OF THE WITWATERSRAND, JOHANNESBURG:
Institutional lead: Prof. Tobias Chirwa:
Contact for MSc enquiries:
Mrs Busi Mamabolo: Busi.Mamabolo@wits.ac.za
Please access the following website for more details:
2. UNIVERSITY OF KWAZULU-NATAL, SOUTH AFRICA:
Institutional lead: Prof. Henry Mwambi: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact for MSc enquiries:
Ms. Christel Barnard: bamardc@iikzn ac za or Mrs Shereen Marimuthu: Marimuthus@ukzn.ac.za
3. UNIVERSITY OF MALAWI, MALAWI
Institutional lead: Jupiter Simbeye: email@example.com
Contact for MSc enquiries:
Dr. Jupiter Simbeye: isimbeve@,cc.ac.mw or Mr Tsirizani Kaombe: firstname.lastname@example.org Please access the following website for additional information: http://biostat.maths.cc.ac.mw/
4. UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI, KENYA
Institutional lead: Prof. Patrick Weke: email@example.com
Contact for MSc enquiries:
Dr. Nelson Owuor Onyango: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please access the following website for more details: http://www.mathematics.uonbi.ac.ke
5. KILIMANJARO CHRISTIAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, TANZANIA
Institutional lead: Michael Johnson Mahande: email@example.com
Contact for MSc enquires:
Mr. Victor Selengia: vselengia firstname.lastname@example.org
Please access the following website for more details: www.kcmuco.ac.tz/index.php/admission
6. STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY, SOUTH AFRICA
Institutional lead: Prof Taryn Young: email@example.com
APPLICATION FOR THE GSK/DELTAS AFRICA SSACAB SCHOLARSHIP
SECOND STEP:- The application for the GSK/DELTAS Africa SSACAB scholarship should be made separately and in writing, as outlined in the MSc scholarship section above. Scholarship applications should be sent to: Dr. Pascalia Munyewende: firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to Dr. Eustasius Musenge:email@example.com.
List of collaborating institutions in the GSK/SSACAB training programme
|Name of Institution
|University of the Witwatersrand
|London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
|University of Northumbria
|University of KwaZulu Natal
|KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme
|University Medical Center Utrecht
|Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College
|University of Malawi
|Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research
|University of Nairobi
|University of Zambia
|University of Kinshasa
||Democratic Republic of Congo
|University of Namibia
|Medical Research Council
|Human Sciences Research Council
|Centre for AIDS Programme of Research
||Nonhlanhla Yende Zuma